Peer and Pro Tutors
General Academic’s tutors are simply the most brilliant and charismatic–the top 10% of the top 1%.
Our tutoring team is comprised of more than 30 Peer and Pro tutors. Peers are current undergraduates or recent alumni while Pros are experienced professionals.
All tutors are thoroughly vetted including background checked, extensively trained, and continuously supported by our management team.
In spring of 2020, our team looked like this:
- 100% scored in the top 5% on the SAT or ACT
- 70% scored in the top 1% on the SAT or ACT
- 70% were multilingual
- 41% were experienced professionals
- 38% were affiliated with Rice University
- 34% were affiliated with University of Houston
- 24% hold or were pursuing a graduate degree
Brilliant but also Charismatic
We understand that it’s one thing to be brilliant but a whole other skill to make something of these smarts.
We start by only hiring tutors with a demonstrated history of academic success and professionalism.
Then we train them in the ways of tutoring, planning, scheduling, and project management.
We know how to form a connection with your child that will enable us to both lead by example and by instruction.