1. Tutor Satisfaction. Our staff is comprised of the most brilliant, professional, and charismatic peer tutors around. However, if after two sessions of a minimum 1-hour each and two unique tutor Analysts, you or your student is not satisfied—for any reason—you will not be expected to pay a penny.
2. No Guarantees. While we are confident in our tutors, instructors, and curricula, we cannot guarantee that students will improve their grades or scores. It is impossible for us to make such guarantees as there are many components to success that are beyond our control such as innate ability, motivation, and natural disasters.
3. Scheduling and Tutor on Call (TOC). A regularly invoiced session must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. A “Tutor on Call” session may be requested less than 24 hours in advance. If available, the Client will be billed at their normal rate plus a last minute surcharge (see rates).
4. Cancellations. An appointment may only be canceled if confirmed directly with the tutor Analyst or Client Manager. The client may cancel any appointment 24 hours in advance of the previously scheduled time without penalty; otherwise, appointments will be treated as “Missed Appointments.”
5. Missed Appointments. A missed appointment is any appointment not canceled or rescheduled 24 hours prior to the scheduled time. The customer will be billed for one hour at their normal rate. Failure of the student to be present at the meeting location within 15 minutes of the appointment will be billed as a cancellation.
6. Time Billing. Billing for hourly services begins at the scheduled time (provided that the tutor Analyst is present). Clients are charged by the hour in five-minute increments. Clients may also be invoiced for time that the tutor Analyst spends on activities for the benefit of the student even if the student is not present. This time will be billed applying the “Preparation Discount.” Examples include but are not limited to:
- The Analyst edits a paper at his/her residence
- The Analyst reads a novel to present to the student
- The Analyst prepares extra coursework for the student to complete during a session
7. Session Minimums. The minimum charge per each unique one-to-one session is 1 hour.
8. Service Area. General Academic does not generally charge an additional fee for the Analyst’s travel time and expenses incurred if the session location falls within the Interstate 610 “Inner Loop.” If the location falls outside of this area then a nominal surcharge may be applied. This surcharge will be jointly determined between the Client, Tutor/s, and Client Manager.
9. Monthly Invoices. Post-paid clients will receive invoices by e-mail or US mail for the previous month on or around the 5th of the current month. Clients may settle their invoices in one of five ways:
- Credit card self-entered online;
- Credit card information provided over the phone;
- Credit card left on file for automatic billing;
- Check mailed to General Academic at 2427 Bartlett St., Houston, TX 77098;
- Balance drawn down from a previous payment or deposit.
10. Automatic Payments. We allow for “automatic billing” when clients leave their card on file with us. Credit card information is digitally encrypted and stored in a third-party managed and verified “vault.”
Cards are charged on approximately the 5th of each month for services rendered in the previous month.
For invoices exceeding $500 a month, cards may also be charged on or around the 17th of each month.
11. Prepayments. Clients may prepay for private services and are required to prepay for courses. We will refund prepayments by request with the following stipulations:
- Any previous discounts or bonuses provided in exchange for the prepayment will be subtracted from the refund amount.
- We will issue the refund in the same method as the original payment. For example, we will refund credit cards directly for prepayments made with a credit card. When the credit card is no longer refundable (for cancelled cards), we will issue a payment by check less a 3% fee.
12. Penalties for Late Payment. A surcharge may apply for all invoices paid later than fifteen days after the invoice date. Collection costs will be added to the total for invoices not paid within 60 days.
This late surcharge is not to exceed $1 a day or the amount limited by applicable law.
Clients will pay all reasonable costs and expenses of collection, including debt collector and attorney’s fees.