Private In-Home Tutoring
For the utmost convenience, let our tutors come to your home. We drive to most homes within a 10-mile radius of our Rice Village office including West University, Bellaire, River Oaks, Galleria, Memorial, Heights, and Montrose.
Types of Private Tutoring
Private In-Office Tutoring
At nearly 9,000 ft² of chic, loft-style space, our newly expanded Study Lounge near the Rice Village is large and impressive. Tutors are able to meet with students at any time including nights and weekends. Our market-leading space includes:
- 50+ Private Tutoring Stations
- 6 Classrooms
- Dining Area with Complimentary Snacks
- Fully Enclosed Outdoor Courtyard
- Gigabit Wi-Fi
Not all tutors are created equally, and our team is among the very best:
- 100% of our team scored in the top 5% on the SAT or ACT
- 40% are current Rice undergraduates, graduates, or affiliated
- 25% hold or are pursuing a graduate degree
- 5 years average tutoring and teaching experience
- W2 employees, background checked, and continuously trained
Click here to learn more about our brilliant and charismatic tutors.
- Math – Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus
- Science – Biology, Chemistry, Ecology, Physics
- English – Essay Writing, AP Literature, AP Writing and Composition
- History – AP European History, AP Human Geography, AP World History
- Languages – Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, French, Latin
- Computer Science
- Ask Us!
Houston Private Tutoring FAQs
Yes, when parents ask this question they’re usually referring to study skills including:
- Time Management
Because every child is unique, our tutors generally find success by helping the student develop and refine the systems that work best for them.
For example, we do not simply hand students a planner and say, “use this,” rather we review different options like Google Calendar, Apple Reminders, and help the student refine the right mix of tools that works for them.
For more learned skills like note-taking and communication, tutors generally leverage the student’s existing coursework to identify current weaknesses and propose corrective measures. Even during summer when there is limited coursework, our tutors can develop personalized assignments to improve note-taking skills.
Less than 10% of the top 1% of US college undergraduates and graduates meet our rigorous tutor qualifications. We actively recruit the most brilliant and charismatic would-be tutors.
- We start by recruiting brilliant individuals with proven academic records—very high test scores and grades.
- Then we ensure that these would-be tutors are able to help in a broad range of upper level subjects including advanced math and science.
- We continuously train and support our tutors with experienced managers, superb teaching content, and advanced software.
All of our in-home and in-office private tutors are background checked and insured, W2 employees. Click here to learn more about our brilliant peer and pro tutors.
For private tutoring our rates depend on the:
- subject matter (1st grade reading vs MCAT test prep),
- experience level of the tutor (Rice undergraduate vs NASA engineer), and
- location (in-office vs 10 miles away).
Our post-paid, hourly rates start at $80 per hour. Click here for more details.
When helping students improve their grades in school, out tutors and managers like to have access to the student’s online school portal to see grades and assignments.
For enrichment or test prep, tutors use a combination of official materials (i.e. College Board’s Official SAT Practice Tests) plus our original content published at Piqosity.com.
Most students meet with a tutor 1 to 2 times per week for 1 to 1.5 hours per week; however, every student’s goals and needs are different—
For maintaining current grades, getting ahead, or preparing for a standardized test, students generally meet with a tutor one to two times per week for 1 to 2 hours.
For remediating poor grades across multiple subjects, students generally meet with a tutor for 2-3 times a week for 1.5 to 2 hours.
Our Latest News and Analysis
Texas High School Graduation Requirements, Explained
In 2014, a new set of Texas high school graduation requirements were implemented in House Bill 5, introducing the Foundation [...]
Houston Private School Tuition 2022-2023
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics released numbers that won't come as a shock if you eat groceries, pay electricity [...]
How to Maximize Your GPA For Automatic Admission to Texas Universities
What is Automatic Admission at Texas Universities? Texas high school students who excel relative to the rest of their [...]
Houston’s National Merit Semifinalists for 2022-2023
Houston's Smartest Seniors Brush Aside Pandemic to Ace the PSAT The 2023 National Merit Scholarship Competition was a rebound [...]