Apply to Tutor
Our Peer & Pro Tutors comprise the majority of our staff and tutor students in everything from 1st grade reading to linear algebra and organic chemistry. They possess raw brilliance but also empathize and communicate well.
One-to-one private tutoring is usually in a client’s home but may also take place in-office. Study Lounge and course instructors work out of our office.
This position benefits from flexible hours and assignments. If hired, Tutors can decide when, how long, and with whom they want to work.
In spring of 2020, our team looked like this:
- 100% scored in the top 5% on the SAT or ACT
- 70% scored in the top 1% on the SAT or ACT
- 70% were multilingual
- 41% were experienced professionals
- 38% were affiliated with Rice University
- 34% were affiliated with University of Houston
- 24% hold or were pursuing a graduate degree
We look for brilliant, charismatic, and professional individuals. In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants should be current undergraduates, graduate students or recent alumni of Rice University or a similar top tier institution with a demonstrated history of academic excellence.
- Candidates need not be qualified to tutor in all academic fields but those with broader skill sets are preferred.
- Motor transportation is not required for positions in our office but is highly desired for in-home tutors.
Our Latest News and Analysis
Like many Houstonians tired of being indoors and pleasantly surprised by the cool weather last weekend, I took to our [...]