Come to the Study Lounge During the Pandemic for
Bring regularity back to your student’s academic life. Students are expected to attend daily, Monday-Friday, during their chosen time slot.
Our tutors will actively work with students to stay organized, plan ahead, and ensure that another semester isn’t ruined.
Our brilliant tutors will individually work with students to ensure that they’re properly learning the assigned material.
How the Study Lounge During the Pandemic Works
Students commit to a daily, 3-hour morning (9-12) or afternoon (1-4) slot.
On arrival, students check-in with tutors and discuss what they need to accomplish.
Students get to work in their socially distanced, partitioned study space.
Tutors continuously check students’ progress, tutor them through difficult concepts, and ensure that their overall learning is progressing as it should.
Students leave with their work completed and their questions answered. Everyone’s happy!
- Monday – Friday – 9am to 5pm
- Morning slot 9am to 12pm
- Afternoon slot 1pm to 5pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Study Lounge tutors are capable in helping students through advanced mathematics (AP Calculus) and science (AP Physics) in addition to the humanities and social sciences.
During the pandemic, the shared tutoring environment in the Study Lounge will not exceed a 3 student to 1 tutor ratio.
Yes, each student sits at their own socially distanced, partitioned table, and tutors walk between the students helping each child individually on whatever it is they’re working.
No, not during the pandemic. When the pandemic abates, we will revert to our online-scheduling system.
Based off of our experience during the spring pandemic, we think that 3-hours is sufficient for students to complete most if not all of their daily work. However, students may choose to reserve 2, three-hour blocks if desired.
According to CDC guidelines, there is “more risk” associated with “small, in-person classes, activities, and events.” The lowest-risk form of supplementary education is certainly remote, online tutoring. We cannot guarantee against the risk of covid-infection. However, we will take significant precautions including:
- Students and tutors are screened at check-in, and no one exhibiting covid-like symptoms is allowed to stay.
- All visitors to our office are required to wear face masks at all times.
- Student tables are physically separated by cubicle-style partitions and spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- HEPA air filters are placed between each table to improve indoor air quality.
- Regular hand-washing is encouraged, and hand sanitizer is provided.
- Tables are sanitized after each use, and students are encouraged to sanitize again before using.